This Personal Finance Course is an easy to follow Personal Finance curriculum FOR A FULL SEMESTER that aligns to the National Business Education Standards. All activities and projects are DIGITAL and attach flawlessly to any learning management system as they are in Google Doc and Google Slide format.
Here is a of this resource.
Here is a this resource to increase students’ engagement.
Short, engaging video suggestions are given for each of the FOURTEEN units that can be shown at the beginning of lessons. A PACING GUIDE is also included to make teacher planning easier.
**All resource links are flattened, so students copy and paste their answers. Students must use their critical thinking skills and build on their knowledge in order to complete the prompts.**
Teacher’s Keys Included.
: When buying this bundle, you receive the easy to follow LESSON LIBRARY! The lesson library is a valuable tool for the teacher that lists all lessons, links to the lesson, video suggestions, and teacher’s keys in the order of instruction!
**NO GUESS WORK! NO PREP! **
THESE LESSONS ARE PERFECT FOR A SUB DAY OR ONLINE INSTRUCTION!
- Can money buy happiness?
- Steps in financial planning
- Wage Difference
- Work and pay reality check
- Gen Z and spending-What do teens spend their money on?
- Creating a budget using percentages
- Creating a budget using the 50/20/30 rule
- Excel budget template analysis
- Holiday Budget Activity
- Guilty pleasure-reality check activity
- Plan a friend’s trip-fun budgeting project file
- Big Banks
- Types of Bank Accounts
- Writing a Check
- Practice writing a check-When do we even use checks anymore?
- Endorsing a Check
- Bank Charges
- Cash Apps
- Outstanding Checks
- Five things a teen needs to know about a job
- The W-2 Explained
- The W-4 Explained
- The 1040 and 1040 EZ Explained
- Federal, state, and local income taxes
- Types of Taxes
- Payroll Taxes and Deductions
- Credit Score Basics-FICO Discovery
- Most Common Credit Score Mistakes
- Credit Score Factors
- Monitoring your Credit
- Credit Card Basics
- How to pay for college
- How much will my college cost/reality check activity
- Tips to cut college costs and common mistakes
- 10 Steps to Buying a Car
- Costs when Buying a Car
- Car Buying Activity
- Types of Auto Insurance
- Home Buying Expenses
- Home Buying Spreadsheet Activity
- Buying vs Renting
- Real Estate Reality Check Activity
- Home Buying Project
- What is insurance?…and Insurance components
- 4 Types of insurance that everyone needs
- Insurance WebQuest
- Types of Loans
- Teens and Credit Cards
- Saving as a Teen
- Saving vs Investing
- Investing 101
- Protecting yourself from identity theft
- What to do if your identity is stolen
- Taste Test Personal Finance LAB Activity
- Federal Agencies that protect consumers
- Navigating Meat Labels
- Collaborative Activity and Bulleting Board
: Financial Advice for Teens from Experts!
This FULL SEMESTER COURSE includes Student-Led material. No PowerPoints needed as all of the information is included to allow the students to discover on their own and present to the class. Also, the Lesson Library includes Formative Assessment Templates that can be edited and customized for any lesson. There are no tests or quizzes included in this resource to allow for teacher autonomy on student assessment.