This Accounting Careers Project-Based Learning (PBL) activity called ACCOUNTING AVENUE is a great way to get students to think like business owners and make the connection between Accounting Careers and Entrepreneurship (a concept listed in the National Business Education Association (NBEA) standards).
This resource could be used in any Accounting, Finance, or Career Exploration/Research class.
**The file includes step-by-step instructions and a video tutorial to help complete the project. ALL CLIP ART IS INCLUDED **
Students learn and discover the following:
- Job Description
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Education and Licenses needed
- List other Careers needed in the same office
- Design the façade and building front using the clip-art included.
- Create a vision board of the inside of the Accounting office.
- Who would your clients be?
- What hours and days of the week might you be open?
My students enjoyed a break from the daily grind while still learning so much about Accounting Careers and Pathways. This PBL project is an excellent opportunity to be creative and crafty in your class and have student artifacts to display in your classroom. My kids really loved it and were so proud of their projects hanging in their learning space!